Action Research: Preliminary Research
First, let me start off by explaining what my action research project topic is at this moment and time. I want to create a health and wellness interactive website to enhance students learning and retention of knowledge for a lifetime. I will be setting up a website, taking surveys, posting videos, allowing for blogging, and some quizzes. So, with that said, as I work on finding peer reviewed articles for my action research topic, I am struggling to find good research on the topic of interactive websites. However, I am finding some research on gaming, blogging, and web 2.0 tools which essentially should make up/ be crucial parts of an interactive website. I am coming across some very interesting articles that explain how to set up an interactive website, things to incorporate on the website as well as a wide variety of links to attach to the website to make it personalized and more interactive. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I am on the right track here. I am working with Diigo, EBSCO Host, and trying various searches on Google. To all that follow my blog (not just my critical friends).I am very open to any input/suggestions/keywords or even maybe different sub topic ideas!
I am thankful that there is no textbook this month but rather time to focus on our research and reading for our Action Research project. I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed with all that has to come together. Hence, before I check off that I have completed this activity, I am determined to devote a good chunk of time to ensure that I am not waiting till the last minute!
Britni, I am extremely motivated by your posting here. I am determined to be as far as you. I am having trouble getting all this information. I too am loving that we have no textbook, but the assignments are very overwhelming. I am constantly going back and forth. This class is making my head spin. I get lost on what blog is what. I feel like a "little fish in a big pond". I am using you as my guide. I spend so much time looking at the web 2.0 tools. They are so much fun!
ReplyDeleteI know you are on the right track.
Britni,
ReplyDeleteI think that you should try focusing on your peer reviewed articles on such topics as health, wellness, etc. This will narrow the focus. Then find some on using technology in the classroom. Maybe that will help. I am actually having the same problem that you are with the articles. I need something on motivating and technology. I am using a specific math program that is suppose to raise students scores and I need to motivate them to use it. However, I need to try and find articles that have some information about my topic. It is hard stick with it. Great blog!